Resurrection Lutheran Church (RLC) administers funds to a number of organizations and ministries working to serve people locally and globally. Thanks to the generous gifts we received from the estates of Irving Anderson and Frank Thomas, and many others through the years, RLC established our Mission Endowment Fund (MEF) in January of 2002.
This is a fund that exists in perpetuity; its purpose is to secure that future generations will be witnesses to the ministries and gifts of our congregation and denomination, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
Every member of RLC can contribute to this important fund. Consider making a contribution to the MEF in one or more of the following ways:
- Stock of appreciated securities
- Bequest via will or living trust
- Charitable gift annuity
- Charitable remainder trust
- Charitable lead trust
- Life insurance (paid-up policy assigned to RLC)
- Retirement plan beneficiary designations
The assets of our fund are invested through the ELCA Foundation and the Mission Investment Fund of the ELCA. Pending the fund’s performance, the MEF Committee, reporting to the Church Council, will make up to 5% of the market value of the entire fund available annually as grants for the following purposes:
- 30% for Mission ministries of the ELCA
- 25% for Mission ministries of our community
- 25% for RLC Ministries
- 20% for Ministries to be determined by the MEF Committee
Applications are accepted by the fund’s committee in the fall for grants made the following January. Grants typically average $2,000 and are given to a wide variety of organizations and projects.
2021 Grant Applications are due December 4, 2020.
Want to Support Our Mission Endowment Fund?
Some of Our Past Grant Recipients
- Alexian Brothers Housing and Health Alliance Food and Nutrition Program
- Carlson Community Services/Irving Park Lutheran After School Place
- Chicago Books to Women in Prison Project GED
- Concordia Place Teen Leadership Program
- Holy Family Ministries Chaplaincy and Counseling Program
- Lawrence Hall Expressive Therapies Program
- Lutheran Social Services of IllinoisVisits to Mom
- North Side Housing & Supportive Services Client Assistance Funds
- Refugee One Refugee Assistance Fund
- Resurrection Preschool Tuition Assistance/Scholarships
- The Night Ministry The Crib Shelter
- Unity Lutheran Building Church Building Communities Program