We have several basic groups of people that might be listed or referred to; staff, adult members, and child members. Information of concern includes names, email addresses, phone numbers and photos. Home addresses are never posted.
- For staff, we list names, email addresses (usually office emails), and office phone numbers. No home phones, etc. It is important that people be able to contact the staff and that access is all through the office.
- For adult members, we often list names when they are a contact for some group or activity that we are covering on the website. We do not list email addresses unless they have specifically given permission (they often ask us). We do not list phone numbers. It is assumed that other members have the church directory or can call the office for phone numbers.
- For children, we generally do not list full names of children, but at most the first name and initial of the last name. We also do not list email addresses or phone numbers. Photo captions do not include full names and often do not include names at all. This is more to protect them from the more dangerous types of people that can and do use the net to contact and take advantage of young people.
Some specific areas of our online functionality have additional guidelines.
- RLC has a printed member and ministry directory with names, addresses, email, etc. which is only available to members and friends of RLC. It is periodically distributed in print at the church. To request a copy or to add your information to this directory contact the office. This directory is not available online.
- When using photos of RLC events, members, etc. online, we use the following guidelines.
- Including photos in our site is a privilege for us, and we intend to respect and honor it.
- Photos are almost always of people in public spaces, at public events.
- We try not to post anything that would be embarrassing, objectionable or hurtful to anyone in the photo.
- We will gladly remove any photo immediately upon request.
In any case, if you see a photo that includes you or your child and would like it removed from the site, we would be glad to do so. Just notify the office with the details.
Please be aware, that while we never post home addresses, there are a number of websites that provide white pages, or extensive listings of mailing addresses. There are also a number of people-finder type sites that help in locating people and their names, phone numbers, email addresses, etc. These sites have many sources of data and you can probably assume that you're in there somewhere.